Monday, September 8, 2008

Like They Do on the Discovery Channel

Heloo again.  I just got home from a long day on TheBus, and I'm pooped -- or I pooped.  Both.

First idea of the day:
I hear birds on my roof above my room, and it sounds like one or three of three things: 1)Fighting, 2)Eating ravenously, 3)Wild bird sex.  It may very well be all 3 -- I don't know.  Maybe there's more than 2 birds, but they are making weird cooing/squawking noises, and it sounds more like pain than pleasure, but I can't tell.  I've never seen birds do it before.  I've seen LIZARDS do it once, and that mystery was solved months ago.  If I remember correctly, then the best way that I can describe it is "violent love ball" or maybe just "violent sex ball" because I don't think lizards can develop strong emotional feelings for other lizzzzarrrrds.... blah blah.  Moving on!  The birds flew away long ago.  Or maybe they fell asleep haha!  'Cuz you know... no, you don't.

A Bloodhound Gang song comes to mind.  "You and me, baby -- we ain't nothin' but mammals, so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."

Curse this internet connection...

Next:
So I spent my whole bus ride trying to find songs for this year's Funk Band.  For those of you who don't know, Funk Band is an elective class at the highschool I graduated from.  Here's their website that was just recently remodeled to look supa fine:

The Lab School Funk Band

I could spend a lot of time explaining what's up with the Funk Band, and what kinda highschool is called "The Lab School", but I think I'll pass for now.  Someday I'll help enlighten y'all.  In short, the school does nasty experiments on the teachers and students via experimental textbooks and curriculum, and the Funk Band plays more contemporary music than funk.  I learned some music theory and got some experience practicing and performing with a band, which is awesome.

So, my list of songs -- I like to call it a "playlist" -- keeps growing.  I just put my broken iPod on shaafuru (cuz it's in Japanese), and take note of songs I think they (we) could play. Yeah, if you haven't figured out already, I'm not in that class or school anymore, but I just visit them when I got time.  (Don't tell the office!)  But hey, I'm still (sorta) part of the Funk Band; my picture's on the front page.

There's more than 50 songs in my playlist, and I'm not gonna post them all here right now, so here's some of my best suggestions so far (in no particular order).

Last Night - The Strokes
No Rain - Blind Melon
You Talk Way Too Much - The Strokes
Hard to Explain - The Strokes
Take It or Leave It - The Strokes
Boss DJ - Reel Big Fish
99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
The End Has No End - The Strokes

Well, there you have it.  Apparently, I'm really into The Strokes -- their songs aren't too complex, and they're hip, so everyone's a winner.  My goal is to find different songs that give the members of the Funk Band the opportunity to showcase their mad skills because no one likes to be left out.

Okay I must continue this later.  Maybe I'll post some music next time.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment