Sunday, September 21, 2008

Close to Me

This just recently became my new favorite The Cure song: "Close To Me."
(I've got a funny feeling that I'm using those quote marks wrongly. Do you italicize song titles?)

I've had their greatest hits album for almost a year now, and never liked more than half of the songs on there. As usual, I would judge the whole song by the first 5 seconds of it, and in "Close To Me", it's a door squeaking, followed a simple, repetitive beat, so I'd skip it and listen to "Boys Don't Cry" or "Just Like Heaven" or "Lovesong."

So, while my broken iPod is on shuffle, this song comes on, and I'm too lazy to skip it. Actually, lately I've been trying to listen to the songs I never bothered with before, and it's been working out great for me. Another example is The Pietasters; I have 66 Pietasters songs, and now I can tolerate ALL their songs - not just 5.

Anyway, here's the video for "Close To Me"




and an alternate version I found on YouTube. I think knowing both versions is better than just one. They make each other better, in my opinion. They COMPLIMENT each other hah! That's the word, I think. It completes the story.



And don't let Robert Smith scare you. You haven't seen "Lullaby" yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment