Thursday, September 11, 2008

Easy Skankin'

No, "Easy Skankin'" does not mean "to do easy skanks."  It's a Bob Marley song, you foos.

"Excuse me while I light my spliff.  (Spliff!)
Oh Jah, I gotta take a lift.  (Lift!)
From reality I just can't drift.  (Drift!)
That's why I'm stayin' with this riff.  (Riff!)

Take it easy.  (Takin' it easy.)
Gotta take it easy.  (Skankin' it slooow.)"

Why is Bob Marley's music so good?  It's beyond good, actually, but why?  Any ideas?  What makes bands so popular or notorious?  Like The Beatles, for example.  Hmm. . . does psychedelics have anything to do with it?  I do believe so yes.

Oh Bob. . . I have to buy some of your albums.  It feels better to own an album that to pirate it off the internet, even if you only like 2 songs out of the 15 that you paid for.  I take it back -- sometimes it doesn't feel that good, but it's the right thing;  It feels right, but not good.  That's the way it is.  (Oh that's another song: The Way It Is - The Strokes)

"Oh ya see?
I wish it were not true, but that's the way it is."

Aaaand . . . if you look to the right of this page, then you will eventually find the Imeem.com playlist I just put up recently.  Why half of it is cut off I do not know.  I have an idea why, but it doesn't really bother me much.  BUT if anyone is bothered by it, lemme know so I can pix it.

Once I find a legal way to upload songs from my iTunes, then I will share my musak with the people.  I anyone just wants to figure it out for me, then awesome!  I'll put you on the "Special Thanks" section of my first or second successful album.  PROMISE!  Just remind me.

Btw, I think I've just figured out a connection between the two meanings of the same word: skank.

skank        [skangk] Pronunciation Key
–verb (used without object)
Slangto dance rhythmically in a loose-limbed manner.
See where I'm going here?  That's from dictionary.com btw, so I don't get sued.

No comments:

Post a Comment