Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bam Bam

Here's a great song I heard on the radio while driving through the streets of San Andreas:

The Pliers - Bam Bam


and for those of you who are wondering, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the PS2 is what I was referring to.  My real permit expired back in September.  Crap.

Here's some versions the same song by its original band, Toots and the Maytals:




I like both of Toots and the Maytals' versions, and I've no clue which one came first.
Oh, there's also a version with Shaggy . . . look it up yo'self.  I'm not in a Shaggy mood - don't think I ever was haha.

I think that the next album I buy will be a Toots and the Maytals album.  They have a lot of good songs that have been covered by lots-o-groups.  I'll save that for another post.

Finally, here's a Sister Nancy version, which I also enjoy:



Now, the thing bothering me about this version is that I think I've heard this bass-line before, but WHERE from?  The first thing that came to mind was Sublime - Scarlet Begonias.  I'll investigate later.

Bottom line: Me sa want ta bam bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment