Friday, February 4, 2011

This is not a video game

This is not a video game,
it's not a movie,
not a television show,
a cartoon,
a sitcom…

we're not separated by a glass
we're not projections on a screen

there are no cameras trying to capture the moment
this is REAL life
happening NOW
but only if you live it
live now, in the moment
in the present
not in the past
not tomorrow
live today
and finish it
and start again
and finish it
and start again
and repeat for as long as you can stand it


i don't want to watch someone else's life
i don't want to watch my life go by
i want to live my life
not yours
not theirs
-mine

and i'd give up all these simulated realities
to feel and experience
the truth
i want to see it with my own eyes before i go blind
i want to hear it with my own ears before i go deaf
i want to feel it with my own soul before …

...before whatever happens to souls, happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment